Chromecast is a technology that allows users to stream apps, documents, and other entertainments from devices like phones, laptops, or tablets to Televisions. With Chromecast, you can easily view Google slides at ease. In this article, we shall discuss some of the steps to be followed for Chromecast Google Slides.
Creating Google slide to Chromecast
To get started, you need to create a Google Slide that you’ll Chromecast. You can skip this step if you already have a Google Slide document. If you do not have, you can follow these steps:
1. On your favorite browser, log in to your email using your email address and password.
2. Then, click the square dotted icon on the right side of the screen.
3. Choose the Slides option from the various displayed options.
4. The slide’s screen opens. Choose the blank document.
5. Go ahead and create slides using the Google Slides tools.
6. Finally, save it on your drive. Now you have the document; you can Chromecast it.
To Chromecast Google Slides
After your document is ready, follow these steps to Chromecast.
1. Make sure your device (iPhone or iPad) is connected to the same network (Wi-Fi) as your Chromecast.
2. Next, you need to have installed the Google Slides app on your device. Here are the steps to install:
- Go to the play store and log in using your email address.
Search for the Google Slide app, and click the Install button.
Then, click the Open button to open it.
Next, log in to the app using your Google account details
3. Open the Google slide document you wish to present with Chromecast.
4. After opening the document, locate the icon on the screen and click on it.
5. By doing so, the document will be cast on the elected screen.
6. To change slides, you can either swap right or left depending on the direction you want to swap.
7. To control the volume, you can use the volume button on your device.
8. To show or hide the speaker note in your Chromecast, tap Speaker notes icon located on the top part of the screen.
9. To stop casting, click the close icon (×).
If you cannot present Google Slides in Chromecast guest mode, you have to enable the local access network. Below are the steps to enable local network access on your phone:
1. Open the document by logging in using your email details.
2. Then, go to the setting application.
3. Search for the slides app and turn on the local network.
If the problem persists and you can’t see the Chromecast, try these troubleshooting steps:
1. On your browser, visit this site https://support.google.com/chromecast/troubleshooter.
2. Try to fix the error