The calendar is important in our daily life. We depend on already made calendars to plan our schedules in most cases. Did you know you can create your calendar from scratch? Google sheets tools have proved to be powerful in creating a calendar. All you need to know is the first day of the month and the number of days each month. Google sheets allow you to customize your calendar until it fits your desires. Let us discuss some of the steps to create a calendar.
Creating a calendar Manually in Google Sheet
Here are the steps to follow when creating a calendar from scratch:
1. Open the new spreadsheet.
- Log in to https://www.google.com/account
using your email details. Locate the Google Apps icon and click on it.
Then, select the Sheet option. Select the empty spreadsheet.
2. On the first sheet named Sheet 1, enter the details of the first month.
In the first row, enter the days of the week. That is, Monday, Tuesday, etc
You can do this by only entering the first day, Monday, and then dragging the cursor to other cells up to Sunday.
3. Now you have the days of the week ready. Go ahead and add numbers or days of the month.
To do this, you need to know where the first day of the month falls. For example, date 1 of January 2022 falls on Saturday. Therefore, manually add it there.
4. You can manually add the rest of the days or use the drag feature. To use the drag feature, click on the plus sign on the top-right of the first day you’ve entered, then drag it.
- You should know the month has hour many days. Drag until the number of days equals the number of days of that month.
You can reformat your calendars by making the cells larger or by adding other attractive features like:
- Aligning the numbers and days of the week.
- Bolding the number of the month/ headers.
- Gray out the cells that have no dates etc.
Adding Other Months
A complete calendar has 12 months. Therefore, if you’re creating a calendar that has more than one month, follow these steps to add other months:
1. On the “bottom left side” of the page, locate the plus sign; click it to add another sheet. It is on this sheet you’ll add the second’s month data.
2. Add dates and days of the week by repeating step 2 procedures.
3. Repeat steps 3 and 2 by adding other months of the year.
Using Calendar Template
Using a calendar template to create a calendar saves time and is also the simplest method. Here are the steps to be followed:
1. Log in to the spreadsheet using your email details.
2. Instead of selecting the blank spreadsheet, go for a calendar template located in the Template gallery. Click on it, and it will open a new spreadsheet.
3. Go ahead and edit the calendar to fit your current year, and other desires.