A map is essential almost in all fields. While working on a Google Sheet, you may need to add a map to guide your readers. There’s no direct way of inserting a map in Google Slides. However, numerous workarounds can be used to add a map in Google Slides. In this article, we shall discuss some workarounds that can be used.
Using Editable maps
One of the simplest ways of creating a map on your Google Slide document is an Editable map. Follow these steps to do so:
1. On your browser, download editable maps. That is, visit this link to download editable maps https://www.brightcarbon.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2020/05/BrightCarbons-editable-map-toolkit-for-Google-Slides.odp
2. Next, upload the downloaded file to your Google drive.
- Open your Google Account.
- Then, from the Google Apps, Locate Google Drive and open it.
- Click the New button, and then click the File upload button.
- Finally, select the .odp map file and upload it.
3. Open the uploaded file in Google Slides. Open the document in Google Drive and select Google slides from the open with section.
4. There are numerous editable maps; click on any and copy them.
5. Next, open a new Google slide, or an existing Google Slides that you need to add a map.
6. Paste the editable map there, and edit it to meet your desires.
Creating a simple map in Google Slides
Did you know you could create a simple map from scratch using Google Slides? Here are the steps to do so:
1. Open your Google Account. Then, from the Google Apps, Locate the Google Slides and open it.
2. Next, open a new Google slide, or an existing Google Slides that you need to create a map.
3. Add the background color or image of the map. Click on the Background and add the image or default color you want to use as the Background on the toolbar.
4. Next, you can add circles on your slide to represent the areas and rectangles to represent the towns or cities.
- To add circles, click on the Insert tab, then hover the mouse on top of the shapes button and select the circle icon.
- To add a rectangle, click on the Insert tab, hover the mouse on top of the shapes button and select the rectangle icon.
Customizing the Google Slides maps
After creating the map in Google Slides, you can customize it and add eye-catching features. Here are some of the ways you can customize the Google Slide map.
1. Add a key. A key helps the map user clearly understand the map and what it entails.
2. Next, you can add a title. That is, click the Insert tab, and then click the textbox button. Add the text box where you want to add the title.
3. Finally, Click the untitled presentation, and rename it with the name of your map.
Note: when creating a map using Google Slides, you need to have a reference key that readers will consult while using the map.