Trifold Brochure is one of the widely used marketing designs. You can create beautiful designs using Google docs Through its online tools, you can create and share media-friendly text documents in whatever format you like. Furthermore, some of these documents come with pre-made templates, so you don’t have to start formatting from scratch. One of Google Docs’ important functions is the ability to create brochures. However, the brochure templates available in Google Docs are the single and two-page ones and have their pages set up vertically. The most commonly used brochure is the tri-fold one (also known as a pamphlet). You can create your own, and it is simple. Having said that, let’s look at how to create, customize, and print a brochure in Google Docs.
Steps on how to create a tri-fold brochure in Google Docs
Step 1: Open Google docs
To get started, navigate to https://docs.google.com on your browser and sign in to your Google Account to access Google Docs.
Step 2: Rename your trifold brochure
Click on the + button on the top right corner to create a blank document. Click the Untitled
Document button on the top left corner of the current window to give the brochure a title. Once you do that, then type in the title.
Step 3: Switch to landscape mode and set the dimensions of the page
Click the File tab and select the Page Setup option.
- Here, you can set up the dimensions of your brochure. Next, click on the radio icon and select the Landscape option—your document orientation changes to the landscape for easy folding of the brochure.
- Reduce the margins to 0.25. Reducing the margins increases the space to hold your content. Enter 0.25 to each to each box on the right
Step 4: Create equal sections
Create three-column tables on both sides of the pages to fold them into three sections each. This is how you do it:
- Click the Insert tab and select Table from the menu.
- Use your mouse to highlight only the top three squares or boxes. Bear in mind that each square will form a column on the brochure.
- Extend your columns to the bottom of each page and line up those columns on both sides.
Repeat the same procedure on the second page of the document. You need to have a total of 6 cells
Most people use the right cell as the front page, the middle cell as the back page, and the left page as page 2
Here is the full layout in the cell reference
A1: page 2
B1: Page 6: Back Page
C1: Page 1: Front Page
A2: Page 3
B2: page 4
C3: Page 5
Step 5: Design Your Trifold Brochure
- Design both the front and back covers of your tri-fold brochure. The front cover is the third column on the first page, and how you design it is up to you, but type in the brochure title at the top.
- Change the background color by right-clicking on a cell and then clicking table properties
- Choose the color that you wish. Additionally, you can design the margins and the borders to make your brochure more stylish.
- Repeat the same process to the rest of the cells
- Add Texts or images, change fonts color, size and type using the tools menu
- The back cover is to the center of the first page and is to the left of the front cover. The back panels of the brochure may include information such as contacts, credits, or closing statements.
Free Trifold Brochure Templates Download
Download the trifold brochure template that we have used in this tutorial Trifold Brochure docstutorial.com
Download/edit free Trifold Brochure from Google docs
Create the first inside panel by introducing your product or service and then add content to the rest of the brochure. Fill the remaining pages with your desired information.
How to print a brochure from Google Docs
- Click the File tab and then select the Print option from the menu.
- Go to the Destination menu to select your printer and select the number of copies to be printed.
- Go to the More settings menu and select Two-sided and check the box implicating Print on both sides. Next, choose Flip from the drop-down menu.
If you want to make a tri-fold brochure in Google Slides, the steps outlined above also apply. Additionally, it’s important to use strong cover images on brochures to capture your readers’ interest.