Grammarly is the preferred and go-to online writing tool that aids most writers and students. The tool is available for use on many platforms. One can use Grammarly in the web browser and at the same time use it in the Microsoft Office Suite application.
When using it in Microsoft Word, it makes it easier to proofread and improve your writing skills. It, in turn, makes you a fast writer hence improving productivity.
Combining the Grammarly tool with Microsoft Word is a preferred and the best combination for any writer. A writer will be able to check on plagiarism, grammar spelling, and other common writing problems.
Here we discuss how you can add the Grammarly add-in for Microsoft Word on your Windows PC. Let’s get started
Steps to take when adding Grammarly to word
1. In your web browser, go to https://www.grammarly.com/. Here you can install the Grammarly add-in for your Microsoft Word program. You can also use any web browser to do this.
2. Scroll up to the bottom of the page. You will be able to see different columns that contain links.
3. From the given column lists, click on the option Grammarly for MS Office. You will find this option in the first column titled Products.
4. Click on the Free Download button. It will be a red button at the center of the page.
5. Create a Grammarly account and click Sign Up if you do not own one. If you are signed up to one, click the Log option found at the top of the screen to sign in.
6. Next, download the installer. The installer will automatically start downloading after signing up or signing in. afterward, click on the Save File option if prompted. Now you have downloaded your Grammarly add-in.
7. Next, go to the Downloads folder on your PC. From here, you will be able to locate the Grammarly installer. You can use the keyboard shortcut Win + E to launch the File Explorer. Afterward, click on the Downloads option in the left panel of the page.
8. Locate your Grammarly installer and double-click on it. The File will have a green icon with a white G inside. Double-clicking the File will issue a security warning.
9. Click the Run button in the displayed security warning window to open the Grammarly installation wizard.
10. Next, click on the Get started button to display a list of all Grammarly products for Microsoft Office.
11. In the given list, click the Grammarly for Word option.
12. Click on the Install button to install the Grammarly add-in to Microsoft Word.
13. Click the Finish button to install the File
14. Click on the Grammarly tab to launch it.
After you have completed these steps, go to the Start menu and access your Microsoft Office Suite. Open the Microsoft Word program.
At the top right corner of your opened Microsoft Word, click Enable Grammarly to set up Grammarly. Now, you can start using the activated Grammarly to check your grammar and spelling when working with Microsoft Word.